Monday, May 18, 2009

So...Im updating ya'll!

My most sincere apologies for not blogging more, its just that, well, life has taken precedence over my blog and my internet usage. Huzzah! Anywho, I would like to take the time to catch up and tell you what's been on my mind.

I have been super busy working working working--to which I am totally grateful for. I overheard a woman on the street the other day say, "I'm really busy, but that is a great thing to be now..." I liked it. Anyways, I have been working full time for a boutique hotel in midtown and filling in from time to time at a friend's friend's boutique. I have also finally started to meet people in DC and it feels great. I finally see myself here, by no means long term, but for the time being, I am finally enjoying the city--exploring new areas, meeting new people, being more friendly and humanistic...

With the weather like it has been lately (NOT the rain and the chilliness today) I have been thinking a lot about summer in the city. I LOVE the idea. Its hot, its balmy (my least favorite weather descriptor), and people are still working hard, but they are starting to play hard too. Its like everyone gets frisky and even though they maintain productiveness in their everyday lives, they make more time to just sit on the patio and sip on {favorite summer beverage of choice} a nice gin cocktail.

Wanna know who inspired me to think about summer in the city? 
her. and namely her mumu (and the attitude it packs).

For me, it isn't summer in the city until the lady in the mumu comes out. She's hot, quite possibly sweaty, and the city is her domain. She may be found wearing a head wrap with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth carrying a A/C window unit. She inspired me to put together a new playlist and to go explore more places to hang out and dance. These are just a few of the reasons why I love the lady in the mumu.